DieselOnly the Brave Block Party
To launch the new Diesel fragrance Only the Brave, made for young men ages 18-35 (core target, 15-25 years old, urban) to enter the Top 10 in terms of sales.
Take position on the street culture and hip hop terrain (unexpected for luxury perfumery).
To tell a true story, building from on one of the brand’s faces: the famed conscious rap artist Common, to create the 1st Block Party in France, the “ONLY THE BRAVE BLOCK PARTY”.
Inspired by the film “Block Party” by Dave Chapelle, shot by Michel Gondry, the first Jam Session in France with sound, dance, graff and more. A pure shot of Street Culture that enabled the values of Diesel’s newest fragrance to ring out.
– Street marketing was used to distribute 150,000 samples, announce the Only the Brave Block Party, and create traffic to the brand’s website and in perfume shops.
– Press and public relations, social media, on-line blog seedings campaign, e-RP.
– Partnership with Deezer, Radio Nova and Generations.
– Event: A Block Party true to every New York Jam Sessions rule… A 2.5-hour free street concert at Place de la Bataille de Stalingrad, combining performance, humour and music, featuring the best artists from the acoustic hip-hop scene, graffiti artists, break dancers and more…
– Topped the sales list for 3 weeks after its launch.
– 150,000 samples handed out in 7 cities in France.
– More than 5,000 participants.
– More than 60 off-line press mentions.
– More than 130 on-line reviews.
– Public ownership of the operation on all participatory platforms, blogs, Facebook and Twitter, posts on DailyMotion and YouTube.
– More than 4 million unique hits on-line.